February 9, 2011

California Dreamin'

I had a pretty sweet dream last night…

So you know how your brain supplies you with a complete history of events when you’re dreaming? That’s what happened with me. I knew that I had fallen in love and was living happily ever after. My dream didn’t last very long though before my real life dog decided to pounce on me. However, I remember being in my dream bed (it was white and soft) and I realized there was someone sleeping next to me. Suddenly, a rush of memories flooded my mind. With each memory, I found myself absolutely overcome with happiness. I felt them stir in the bed and I turned to look at them. I could tell they were smiling even though I couldn't see their face. Right before I saw who it was, my dog quite possibly ruined my life forever.

“Oh, Michael,” I try to tell myself. “The dog was just trying to tell me that he loved me.” Yeah well he should have known I was about to know who the heck made me so freakin’ happy! When my dog is dreaming merry little dreams of catching unsuspecting bunnies, I know better than to wake him up.

And the worst part is, I had an idea of who that dream person could have been and it makes me a ridiculously giggly and a wee bit nervous because, to the best of my knowledge, that guy is totally straight. Oh yeah. Did I mention it was a guy? *sigh* I live for my dreams…

No comments:

Post a Comment